Monday, June 18, 2007

Wow! Ok, I find that keeping a blog up to date is a bit difficult. I guess it is just a matter of getting in the habit of setting time aside to keep it updated. I keep hearing about the benefit of keeping a blog for a developing photog, so focus and promises will be kept dammit!

I went pro on Smugmug and secured a domain name for my galleries. I will now be at zazenphoto.com. It feels so good having your own domain name. I was planning on doing this later but I noticed this month that my counters were showing quite a few views of original size photos. Later I read that this was most likely done so someone could download the photos. With a pro account I can now lock that stuff and enable right click protection.

I just got back from the USGP Formula 1 race. This was my 3rd visit to Indianapolis but the fist visit since my interest in photography. I took the trusty Nikkor 70-300 VR. Again this lens proved to be amazing. Even at the full 300mm (which I was at most of the time), it created stunning sharp pictures. The only difficulty I had was panning to shoot cars at 180mph. ; ) See the gallery at zazenphoto.com.

So Lighting 102 has begun at Strobist. The first assignment is to shoot a subject a many different angles to learn the affect the light has on the subject at each one of these angles. The wifey gets home at 2 so I'll get to buggin her as soon as she walks in the door. See more off camera lighting info at http://strobist.blogspot.com/

No comments: