Saturday, March 1, 2008

Stritcly Business

Atlanta Photographer Matthew Lane-

Abbie and I attended a wonderful conference last weekend concerning the business of photography called Sticky Business 2. It was held by industry trade organization the American Society of Media Photographers or ASMP. We couldn't have been more pleased and surprised at the insight that this conference was able to dish out. As we start this business adventure, so many questions arise concerning the best way to go about things or what we need to do a all. I feel like after this weekend that there is a clear path for us to follow. Clear enough that once we are finished with our huge list of to do's generated by our conference notes, the focus can really be on creating dynamic images. Everything from copyright and marketing to search engine optimization and even paperwork.
I heard about the conference from Chase Jarvis' blog which I do my best to keep up with. Now that subscribe to blogs via RSS, I've been able to keep track of all I need to be reading. This should allow for more of keeping up with writing my own blog. Which was of course stressed in the ASMP conference. So a special thanks all the contributors and the attending folks I had the pleasure of talking to at ASMP. Cheers!

For more information concerning ASMP see www.asmp.org
Chase Jarvis' gracious blog of insight is at www.chasejarvis.com/blog/

Oh and yes I am a member of ASMP now.

No comments: